Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Learning to Fly


"Your legs will get heavy and tired. Then comes a moment of feeling
 the wings you've grown, lifting." ~Rumi




I felt the need for a short burst of inspiration today, and when I'm down, Rumi always has a comforting or uplifting word. This post, however is a combination of Rumi and "Just Breathe" (a Facebook page I follow).

Sometimes we continue plodding along out of habit... doing things the way we always have... feeling stuck, heavy, tired. You are not the same person you were last year, or last week, or even yesterday. Each moment is an opportunity for you to make a different choice, to spread your wings and fly a different course.

For today, I remember that I am only stuck if I choose to be and that I have learned more than I realize. For today, I feel the wings I've grown... lifting. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind...