Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sciatica's For "The Birds"

My back is a fickle asshole. I have had lower back issues off and on, yes they come and go, so I once found a chiropractor that I like, and I went. The visits to him helped, as well as staying active and strength training, and the whole 'Sh'bang'.

Well, life happened, routines fall apart as they will, my home situation fell apart, a lot of things happened, so I can only say it's my fault.

So recently, after some minor lower-back irritations, and some possibly bad stretches or contortions, I felt the pull move down into my left hip. This has devastated my comfort and happiness for about a week and a half now, and I have consulted with the good doctor once again, and he is working on the issue. I spent yesterday icing and begging the universe to miraculously make the pain disappear.

While I waited for them to flip the switch on my agony, I worked from home, as well tuned into the good ol' brain-eating television for some entertainment.

When I did, I ran across a movie called "The Girl" starring Sienna Miller as Tippi Hedren (mother of Melanie Griffith & a former Model and Actress), who apparently became the object of unrequited admiration, and allegedly dangerous and creepy obsession by "Hitch" (cinema great, the well-beloved Alfred Hitchcock, played by Toby Jones). The movie was an HBO original, I believe, and it was watchable, mostly because I became very interested in the storyline of this era, and what happened to Ms. Hedren.

As depicted in "The Girl" [see NY Times article in this regard Here], Hedren is the envy of every blonde starlet in Hollywood as she is hand-chosen by the Hitchcocks to play this lead role of 'The Birds', and this would be her very first film as an actress. The movie paints a dark and creepy picture of Hitchcock, as quite a Misogynist, who fancied himself "coaching" Tippi into a great actress utilizing techniques like telling her they would be using mechanical birds, props which would take one day of filming and instead placing her in danger strapped to live birds, for a five-day nightmare film session, wherein she was scratched up and injured, nearly getting clawed in the eye by one of the birds.

Though a mediocre film, at best, it still interested me enough to do a bit more reading about the cinematic pair, as well as a bit about both their lives separately. That in itself is interesting, and Hitchcock himself was quite the strange character. I guess when you look at some of the geniuses of filmmaking, classically they all have their idiosyncrasies and dark passengers. Otherwise, movies through the ages would have been quite bland.

Though I must get back to the task at hand, feel free to give "That Girl" a once over, maybe even go back and revisit some old Hitchcock favorites, I might do the same.

Meanwhile, send me some good vibes for healing this asshole pinched sciatic nerve.

It sucks!

7 comments:

  1. Hello - nice new pad... might need a potted plant or painting on the wall ;-)

    Sciatica - my dear old Dad suffered with that for many years, it could drive him nuts. I've had the odd "twinge" but never a long term severe thing. You have my sympathies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this isn't long-term, just an off and on lower back, pull as you might sometimes do, but the sciatic thing, this is the 2nd time it has happened… I'm being told I need to invest in a new good mattress. Mine is old I guess now. Maybe that will work, along with the Chiropractor magic.

    Thanks Furtheron!! Glad to be trying to be back… I will be by, are you still at the same Pad yourself?

    Jax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same old same old... http://guitarsandlife.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. Hi Jax! Cool new place you have here.
    I loved the movie "The Birds", well anything by Hitchcock really. I will have to see if I can find "The Girl" it sounds like it might be interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Reb!! Yes, it's an HBO movie, just recently came out, so check for it…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post.........In my view Sciatica is a relatively common form of lower back and leg pain, but the true meaning of the term is often misunderstood. Sciatica is a set of symptoms rather than a diagnosis for what is irritating the root of the nerve to cause the pain.fertility acupuncture nj

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. click here

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind...