Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pain in the Ass

Briefly, I just need to agonize about this horrible pain in my hip/leg region. I was doing okay for a little while, then I was forced to go and get into the car to get dog food.

I drove around a bit, then decided the simplest place to go would be Dollar General. Went in, limped around clutching the shopping cart, grabbed the dog food plus a couple other items, and headed up to the register. There were a couple people in front of me in line. I sourly thought to myself, 'If I wasn't in pain, I would be in and out in a flash'.

Checked out, finally, threw the stuff in the trunk, and opened the car door, and began the arduous task of getting into the driver's seat.

This time, when I wedged myself down slowly, holding the steering wheel for support, and sidled into the car, it was so excruciating I thought I was going to cry. I had to sit there for a few minutes, allowing the seat heat to warm, hoping for a bit of soothing relief.

It took several minutes of sitting there, cursing the gods and begging for relief before I was able to drive away and get back to the house, and then it was a struggle to drag all of my junk in, including the bag of dog food. I have two large dogs, so a smaller bag won't last me long, but it was all I could manage at a time.


Oh my God!! When is this pain going to end??? It is really destroying my flow.

1 comment:

  1. You could change the way you get into the car for the time being. I had to before and after my surgery and wow it made a difference. Sit, then swing your legs in...take a bit of getting used to and the steering wheel is in the way a bit, but, I am sure you can figure a way around that. (If by car you mean suv or truck...use the running board, step up with your good leg, turn and sit, or step up backwards.)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind...