Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hump Back

Ah, yes… that wonderful day of days we affectionately call "Hump Day". I can't really think of much to detail today, except that Memphis drivers are worse by the day, and I really do want to write something more about that on another post, but I think it should be when I am still 'heated' from having just been in a hellish commute. I love to hate Memphis drivers… you would understand if you lived here. I know there are horrible, mean and ridiculously stupid drivers in many states, cities, countries, etc., but I do nominate the esteemed f'tards that drive in my fair city as #1.

 So, I started listening to the audiobook for "The Help" again the other day. For some reason, I can listen to that over and over, and never get tired of the story. Great book, if anyone hasn't read it. Let's see… how about a quick Hump Day Joke?? Hmmm (scratches head) OK--Here goes:

A wife and a husband decided they needed to use a "code word" for sex when the children were within earshot. The code word they decided on was "typewriter".

One day, the husband said to his daughter, "Honey, please go tell your mother that Daddy wants to type a letter."

The daughter told her mother, who replied, "Tell Daddy he can't type a letter today. There's a red ribbon in the typewriter."

A few days later, the mother said to her daughter, "You can tell Daddy the typewriter is fixed now and he can type his letter."

A few minutes later, the daughter came back and said, "Daddy says he doesn't need to type a letter now... he already wrote it by hand!"


Kinda cute, eh? Don't bitch-it's all you're getting (that's what she said).

Anyways, nothing all that exciting in the land of lunatics today, just feel like taking a nap, or a bubble bath, or both. I need to go get a haircut and a pedicure, do a little something for "Me" & take a break from saving the universe, just long enough to catch my breath…

So there you go...


Wrappin it up… Just Me, Jax

10 comments:

  1. Hump day means nothing to me and the traffic here is seldom a problem unless there is a wreck. The nice thing about a town your size is that I don't live there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll swap your drivers for London cyclists! Some of them defy belief - I had a big clash with one in the middle of a major road the other day after he nearly knock down three kids crossing on green pedestrian crossing light. His comment to me (with all the f's taken out!) "I'm a cyclist I don't have to obey red lights"... one word... KNOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBC!! Here you are, lol Disappointing me with your responses… I thought you would have noticed the silly little dirty joke or something, but yes you are right, that is a good thing about a town this size, or my town!! :) You stay in your neck of the woods, Memphis has enough meanness. haha.

    Furtheron, well OUR memphis drivers, mow the cyclists down, so IDK what's worse… But they're all bad… I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, hon, I'm not mean, just cranky, and tells reality as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! It's o.k… I was just pickin atcha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wimmin sure like to pick on me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAH!! You'll be alright… most of us mean well, even if you don't think so. We're not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're alright, I'm not so sure about the others.

    I've gotten interested in a Canadian chick that spends her weekends here, I don't suppose it will take her long to stomp me into the ground. That's too bad cuz I really like her.

    Anyway, how is the murdercycle doing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jax, I think we have you beat here for drivers...take your drivers and add snow and black ice! Some days you'd think you were at a demolition derby. Then we have all the immigrants from warm countries that have never seen let alone driven in winter - oy vey!

    Baths and naps are both good, just try not to take them together okay?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what's on your mind...