Friday, November 15, 2013

Man-eMotion

Men... I can't lie, I love em. I have been "boy crazy" ever since I can remember. I had my first boyfriend in Kindergarten. "Little Larry" he was called, of course it didn't really matter back then since we were only five years old. Unfortunately, I had to break his heart when we got to first grade because I grew taller than him, and in my mind, that wasn't acceptable.


What puzzles me, however (and maybe women as a whole) is how Men handle emotions. We are all raised to believe that men don't have emotions, or certainly they don't handle them well, and they rarely if ever show them. So this leaves us gals frustrated at times, wondering how much we have to act or "Think Like A Man" to stand any sort of a chance.




The good news is, I don't totally buy into the hype. I don't put all men in one big box and label them 'emotionally stunted' or 'damaged goods'. We are all different, we've been through different experiences and grown up in different environments, which when combined with our genetics boils up into its very own unique formula, making us all quite amazing and diverse creatures (men and women).

I believe you guys do guard your feelings and I believe that you are very cautious in showing them or actually putting yourself out there and BEING vulnerable, but I believe that you do have feelings and emotions, just that you express them, and handle them a lot differently than us (women). It is stated in many articles and such, that men express their feelings and show their love way more through "Actions", not words... I want to learn more. Guys take this opportunity to express yourselves... Please. Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Big topic. I stunted my emotional growth for years. Why? Who knows? Perhaps I thought it what was expected or I simply didn't like them,couldn't handle them so shut them out and squashed them down through drink.

    Now I am more open but frankly I think it makes a man less attractive to a girl. They want the guy who'll bravely face adversity if the guy is a bit vulnerable they run off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw I was the same with girls. Anita - I was 8 I wrote her a love poem her Mum told my Mum in the shop!! I could have died!!! Then Helen. Then Caroline. Then Jo. Then Nikki. Then the one that is still my wife. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I want to hear, thanks Graham... the good stuff like that, men letting us know what's on their minds, and the issues behind when they aren't able. I encourage men to be open with me, and I never, ever ridicule anyone for who they are or what they feel... I hope it's a good thing. I myself love a man who can be tough and strong, but yet still show a tender side too...

    I love the Love poem story... Lucky Mrs. Furtheron. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never wrote her a love poem. I wrote her a song though. Off to find a link to post here

      Delete

Let me know what's on your mind...