Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Bug

Don't you just hate it when you fall asleep, take a HARD afternoon nap, so hard in fact that you wake up unsure what time or day it is? It happened to me yesterday. I was watching t.v., tired from the non-quality sleep I had gotten the previous two nights, and I woke up at 6:30, thinking "Oh, crap I gotta get moving, I'm gonna be late for work." Then my mind said, 'No, Jax it is Sunday!!', and I said, "Oh!!! Sunday morning, cool, I still have the entire day." and my mind replied, 'No, Jax it's 6:30 p.m., Sunday evening. WTF is wrong with you??'  I just sighed and said, "I'm not sure, but okay then... at least I still have some weekend left."

So I sat up, cleared my head, and prepared for my usual Sunday evening of watching "The Walking Dead" (or whichever other show is actively in season, kind of a tradition) with a friend of mine. All day long, I had thought about going to see "The Best Man Holiday". I looked up the times and locations at least 3-4 times throughout the day, and just couldn't find it worthy of my energy to gather myself together and go... I do go and take myself to a movie every once in a while, just on my own because it's peaceful, and it also keeps me comfortable spending time with myself, a thing I have made important in my life now.

So instead, my friend and I watched our show(s), had a nice visit and then I probably got back into bed about 2 a.m., which led up to the ACTUAL and official 'Monday morning' that I woke up Sunday afternoon in apprehension of, and decided to Let It Be... :)

No matter, we can all drink a case of the Mondays, although bitter in taste, and still be sober I think. Besides if I can't get everything done on Monday, I have seven other days in the week to get it all finished, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind...